How to Avoid Puppy Scams
Not limited to the following:
- Google search the Breeder and Kennel name
- The business name should always match in emails, paperwork and contracts
- Request a Facetime or Zoom call and speak with the breeder on the phone a few times
- If the international breeder and the country code is 237 – it is likely a scam!
- Ask for proof
- Get documentation: registration paperwork, health records, DNA testing and screenings
- Facilitate purchase agreement contracts, also available through StudlyDog
- Expect the breeder to ask you questions
- Be patient, be diligent, and be smart!